In the year 74,309 of the Last Age, Abyss tore itself apart. Three fleets of voidbrood, shadows and their deities left shortly before the end, thus beginning their eternal exile wandering the multiverse.
There were five types of jumpgates in use:
- Data: Communications wormhole not intended for shipping.
- Parcel: Mass driver-fed container gate not intended for spacecraft.
- Cargo: Suitable for most cargo and warships.
- Supercargo: Suitable for fleet carriers and megafreighters.
- Jumpdrive: Temporary wormhole generated by ship-mounted FTL drives.
The Last Age began when the galaxy broke apart.